We are so busy being adventurous with lunch and dinner that sometimes we forget there are gorgeous and varied yummies we can have for breakfast. These lemon ricotta pancakes make for a lovely summer breakfast and can even be made slightly bleary-eyed as they are simple and won’t make your brain hurt.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ricotta, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet one, mixing until just incorporated.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and pour in the pancake batter, making sure to turn each pancake before it gets too brown.
- Serve with whatever you like. I made a simple raspberry sauce and threw some fresh raspberries on top for texture.