With the evenings now crisp and the promise of winter in the air, soup is on the menu. This Thai-inspired soup is full of flavour and freshness and is perfect to ward off the tickle you think you feel in your throat.
This recipe yields two small serves or one mammoth serve – I am still suffering the consequences of eating it all. So. Very. Full.
- splash of olive oil
- 1 long red chilli, cut finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500mL chicken stock
- one chicken thigh fillet cut into small pieces
- thumb-size piece of ginger, chopped finely
- one portion of noodles (rice, udon, egg, whatever you prefer)
- juice of one lime
- tablespoon fish sauce
- bok choy leaves
- coriander, to garnish
- Splash some olive oil into the bottom of a saucepan. Add the chilli and garlic and cook until fragrant. This only takes a minute or so. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the stock, cover and bring to the boil. Add the chicken pieces and simmer with the lid on until cooked through.
- Add in the ginger, noodles, lime juice, fish sauce and bok choy and simmer for another 3 or so minutes.
- Top with fresh coriander. Enjoy.