Faced with the tragedy of no oven, one inevitably googles microwave baking, and sometimes, one is pleasantly surprised. This recipe for mug brownie is scandalously easy and scandalously good. It is though, so very rich, and you may feel ill afterwards, but it is worth it.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- pinch of salt
- Take your favourite mug (alas I am without my favourite mug which is a Barbie mug I got at The Royal Easter Show in 1987, so I have to make this with a mug I am indifferent to) and add the water, butter and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add sugar, coca, flour and salt. Stir well to form a paste.
- Microwave for 60 seconds if you want a molten centre, 75 or so if you want it uniformly cooked. These times may vary on the wattage of your appliance. Experiment to find your perfect time.
- Proceed to be amazed at this delight you made sans oven.