Buried in a clock of dark chocolate, lies a kick of 1920s bootlegger bathtub gin. It’s mysterious, rambunctious and a little bit naughty. With herbaceous notes and hints of floral, these dark chocolate gin truffles will make you swoon.
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100ml cream
- 20ml gin (I used my homemade gin)
- cocoa for dusting
- In a saucepan, melt the chocolate and cream together. Do not let it burn! Take it off the heat after about 30 seconds or so, as soon as you see the chocolate melting and continue to stir until it is smooth.
- When it has cooled, add the gin.
- Chill the ganache in a freezer for about 20 minutes or so.
- Shape the ganache into balls and roll in cocoa.